- Create a perfect cast of your loved ones hand or foot in the comfort of your own home
- Comes with your choice of frame to mount the final cast in and hang on your wall
- Contains alginate moulding powder, plaster of paris, frame, fixing materials, casting tools, glue and paint
- Changes colour when setting – easy to use (use colder water for a longer setting time)
- Easy to understand instructions
- Frame measures 23.5cm x 21cm
- 1 x Chromatic Alginate 450g
- 1 x Plaster of Paris 750g
- 1 x Frame + Fixing Accessories
- 1 x Set of Cast Tools (Paintbrush, wood pick, latex-free gloves)
- 1 x Glue
- 1 x Silver Paint 15ml
- 1 x Instructions
Preparation is key. Before making the mould, practice placing the child’s hands or feet into your container. Tupperware, paint tubs or small bowls work well, depending on the size of the child’s limbs. You may want to get an assistant to help you. For best results, oil the hands/feet with olive oil or petroleum jelly, as this will make them easier to remove from the mixture.
This kit contains enough alginate and plaster to create around 2 casts of a newborn baby, or 1/2 casts of an older child. To avoid wastage, try to find suitably sized containers, otherwise you may use too much alginate. Try this on the first hand or foot first, before moving onto the next stage, so you can see if any improvements are made in your next casts.
Practice makes perfect! Try a small test on your finger first by measuring 50ml of water into a small cup/mug, then slowly pouring in the same volume of alginate. Mix together for 1 minute, and then put your finger in. Wait until it sets light grey.
Full instructions included with the kit.