- Fast set Chromatic Alginate 900g (or 450g) moulding powder
- Perfect material for making casts of hands, feet and other body parts
- Safe to use on babies & toddlers
- Changes colour when setting – easy to use (use colder water for a longer setting time)
- Comes with a set of tools – paintbrush, PVA glue, wooden pick, latex-free gloves
Our chromatic alginate comes in one 450g or 900g packet. Completely safe for use on babies or toddlers hands or feet, and sets quickly within 2 minutes to make an amazingly detailed cast. The perfect gift for your family or friends. Simply mix with water and then stir together. The mixed solution changes colour and finishes a light grey once set.
Included Casting Tools
Comes with a set of tools, to aid the casting post process:
Small paintbrush for painting fine details.
PVA glue packet for sealing the final cast (only seal once dry). This gives a better finish.
Wooden pick for cleaning out any tough to reach pieces of alginate (inside fingers, toes or in any small gaps.
Latex-free gloves to help protect sensitive hands.
- BEGINNERS TIP: Use cold water for more setting time
- Use 100g powder to 300ml water, and measure both separately
- Mix the powder carefully into the water (not the other way round as this can cause mixing problems)
- Start mixing the solution instantly with a metal/plastic whisk, or a flat spatula.
- Warm water sets quicker than cold water, so take this into account
- Approximately 30/60 seconds after mixing, pour the solution into a container, sized correctly for the hand or foot
- With the hands / feet having had olive oil applied to them beforehand place them into the mixed solution, and move around slightly, making sure the solution has spread into all gaps
- Keep still for approximately two minutes until the alginate has set a light grey colour
- Once set, slowly wriggle the hands or feet free (this where the olive oil helps)
- For optimum results, pour a separate plaster of paris mixture into the new mould as soon as possible (no later than 1 hour)